From Sagar Shukla <sagar_shu...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Automate Hadoop installation
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 11:14:01 GMT
Hi Praveenesh,
          I had created VMs images with OS /hadoop nodes pre-configured which I would start
as per requirement. But if you plan to do at the hardware level then Linux provides with kickstart
type of configuration, which allows OS / Package installations automatically (network configuration
is done through DHCP). This requires a TFTP client and DHCP server and hardware supporting
network boot capabilities.

Also something like puppet / shell-scripts can be configured like you mentioned, which I have
used, but not for Hadoop.

Thanks,
Sagar

-----Original Message-----
From: praveenesh kumar [mailto:praveenesh@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 4:02 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Automate Hadoop installation

Hi all,

Can anyone guide me how to automate the hadoop installation/configuration process?
I want to install hadoop on 10-20 nodes which may even exceed to 50-100 nodes ?
I know we can use some configuration tools like puppet/or shell-scripts ?
Has anyone done it ?

How can we do hadoop installations on so many machines parallely ? What are the best practices
for this ?

Thanks,
Praveenesh

DISCLAIMER