From sumit ghosh <sumi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple reducers
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 05:26:47 GMT
Hi

Try setting the parameter mapred.reduce.tasks

hadoop jar hadoop-0.20.2-examples.jarĀ  wordcount -D mapred.reduce.tasks=4 <Input> <Output>

Thanks.
Sumit

________________________________
 From: Hoot Thompson <hoot@ptpnow.com>
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 29 November 2011 8:03 PM
Subject: Multiple reducers

I'm trying to prove that my cluster will in fact support multiple reducers,
the wordcount example doesn't seem to spawn more that one (1). Is that
correct? Is there a sure fire way to prove my cluster is configured
correctly in terms of launching the maximum (say two per node) number of
mappers and reducers?

Thanks!