From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: "No HADOOP COMMON HOME set."
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:41:18 GMT
Jay,

Did you download stable (0.20.203.X) or 0.23? From what I can tell, after looking in the tarball
for 0.23, it is a different setup then 0.20 (e.g. hadoop-env.sh doesn't exist anymore and
is replaced by yarn-env.sh) and the documentation you referenced below is for setting up 0.20.

I would suggest you go back and download stable and then the setup documentation you are following
will make a lot more sense :)

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Vyas [mailto:jayunit100@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:07 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: "No HADOOP COMMON HOME set."

Hi guys : I followed the exact directions on the hadoop installation guide
for psuedo-distributed mode
here
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/single_node_setup.html#Configuration

However, I get that several environmental variables are not set (for
example , "HaDOOP_COMMON_HOME" is not set)....

Also, hadoop reported that    HADOOP CONF was not set, as well.

Im wondering wether there is a resource on how to set environmental
variables to run hadoop ?

Thanks.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such
code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations
of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations
issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you
are obligated to comply with all