From sridhar basam <...@basam.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop next stable release
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:19:30 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Niranjan Balasubramanian <
niranjan@cs.washington.edu> wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are currently using hadoop 0.20.203 on a 10 node cluster. We are
> considering upgrading to a newer version and I have two questions in this
> regard.
>
> 1) It seems 0.21 is unlikely to become a stable release anytime soon and
> we are weary of moving to an unstable release. Our primary concern is the
> data we have on our hdfs.  I want to know if anyone has been using 0.21 in
> production and would like to hear about your experiences? Any advice on
> this front is appreciated.

What new features or what deficiencies in the existing release are your
trying to overcome. If primary concern is stability, wouldn't it be better
to wait till 0.23 is GA'd. I don't think there are too many people running
0.21 at scale.

 Sridhar