From Prashant Sharma <prashant.ii...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [help]how to stop HDFS
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:43:54 GMT
I am sorry, I had no idea you have done a rpm install, my suggestion was
based on the assumption that you have done a tar extract install where all
three distribution have to extracted and then export variables.
Also I have no experience with rpm based installs - so no comments about
what went wrong in your case.

Basically from the error i can say that it is not able to find the jars
needed  on classpath which is referred by scripts through
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME. I would say check with the access permission as in
which user was it installed with and which user is it running with ?