From Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditomm...@gmail.com>
Subject Compiling Hadoop fuse_dfs module
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 14:00:47 GMT
Dear all,

I'm struggling trying to compile the fuse_dfs module.

I'm following these instruction with no  success

It stops at the second step (ant package) with some exotic exceptions
returned by Apache Forrest to build the documentation ... (what the hell to
build the docs if I need a c++ module?)

I've tried to disable the documentation targets, so I was able to run the
third step, but it return the error below

$ ant compile-contrib -Dlibhdfs=1 -Dfusedfs=1
/home/admin/hadoop-0.20.2/build.xml:497: The following error occurred while
executing this line:
/home/admin/hadoop-0.20.2/src/contrib/build.xml:30: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
/home/admin/hadoop-0.20.2/src/contrib/fuse-dfs/build.xml:37: libhdfs.so
does not exist: /home/admin/hadoop-0.20.2/build/libhdfs/libhdfs.so. Please
check flags -Dlibhdfs=1 -Dfusedfs=1 are set or first try ant
compile-libhdfs -Dlibhdfs=1

The funny story is that the libhdfs.so library is deployed in the Hadoop
distribution by default so it does not need to be compiled.

Does anyone was able to compile the fuse_dfs module in some way?  Any other
valid alternative to mount HDFS in a Linux system ?

Thank you