From Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditomm...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop PseudoDistributed configuration
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 10:54:18 GMT
Dear all,

I'm trying to install Hadoop (0.20.2) in pseudo distributed mode to run
some tests on a Linux machine (Fedora 8) .

I have followed the installation steps in the guide available here
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/single_node_setup.html#PseudoDistributed

The daemons start with no problem, but when I access the HDFS file
system (hadoop
fs -ls /) it shows all the content of the underling (real) file system.
This seems really strange to me because I'm expecting that HDFS should work
as an independent file system.

Does anybody had the same problem? Any suggestions to check where I'm
failing to configure Hadoop?

Thank you,
Paolo