From WangRamon <ramon_w...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to manage hadoop job submit?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 03:21:41 GMT

Hi Harsh It seems the hadoop i'm using doesn't have the API you talked about, the version
i'm using is hadoop-branch-0.20-append.  Thanks Ramon
 > From: harsh@cloudera.com
> Subject: Re: How to manage hadoop job submit?
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:39:06 +0530
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
>
> Ramon,
>
> If you want to submit with an attached priority, use the APIs [0] and [1] to set the
appropriate level before you submit from your JobClient/Job instances.

> [0 - New API] - http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html#setPriority(org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobPriority)
> [1 - Stable API] - http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf.html#setJobPriority(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobPriority)
>
> HTH.
>
> On 20-Nov-2011, at 3:14 PM, WangRamon wrote:
>

> > Hi All
> > I'm new to hadoop, I know I can use "haddop jar" to submit my M/R job, but we need
to submit a lot of jobs in my real environment, there is priority requirement for each jobs,
so is there any way to manage how to submit jobs? Any Java API? Or we can only use the hadoop
command line with shell or python to do the job submit?