From Ravi teja ch n v <raviteja.c...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Metrics
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:19:25 GMT
Hi Paolo,

If you are using versions later than 23.0, then you can refer to the Hadoop Definitive Guide
2nd Edition,
The metrics in the latest versions have changed a little bit,and documentation is awaited
for Next Gen Mapreduce.

Regards,
Ravi Teja

From: Paolo Rodeghiero [paolo.rod@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 November 2011 00:05:07
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop Metrics

Hi,
I'm developing on top of Hadoop for my Master final thesis, which aims
to connect theoretical MapReduce modelling to a more practical ground.
A part of the project is about analyzing the impact of some parameters
to Hadoop internals.

To do so, I need some deep understanding of the Metrics produced.
There is some sort of documentations about what a metric exactly is?
I looked for that but was unable to find it.
Should I ask to the dev list for that?

Cheers,
Paolo