From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: how to start tasktracker only on single port
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:30:55 GMT
If you are requiring this for monitoring purposes, do notice that the older TaskTracker would
be with a different ID (port number will differ). You can differentiate based on that.

TaskTrackers are mere clients to the JobTracker and hence JobTracker maintains no complete
state of them, like is done on the HDFS side -- neither do TaskTrackers hold state.

Thus, older TaskTrackers may continue to be in the live node list until they time out (10
mins or so usually, configurable). Cause from the JobTracker perspective, new TaskTrackers
are new instances, not replacements. Older instances are cleaned away after they time out.

On 14-Nov-2011, at 1:09 PM, mohmmadanis moulavi wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Friends I am using Hadoop 0.20.2 version,
> My problem is whenever I kill the tasktracker and start it again, jobtrakcer shows one
extra tasktracker (the one which is killed & the other which has started afterwords)
> I want to do it like this,
> Whenever I kill the tasktracker it will stop sending the heartbeats, but when I again
start tasktracker, It should start again sending  heartbeats, i.e it should start that tasktrakcer
on same port as that of before,