From mohmmadanis moulavi <anis_moul...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: how to start tasktracker only on single port
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:38:38 GMT
@harsh J
I got it frm Wel Wu,
It can be done using "mapred.task.tracker.report.address" parameter.
Thanks for your reply

________________________________
From: Harsh J &lt;harsh@cloudera.com&gt;
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 14 November 2011 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: how to start tasktracker only on single port

If you are requiring this for monitoring purposes, do notice that the older TaskTracker would
be with a different ID (port number will differ). You can differentiate based on that.

TaskTrackers are mere clients to the JobTracker and hence JobTracker maintains no complete
state of them, like is done on the HDFS side -- neither do TaskTrackers hold state.

Thus, older TaskTrackers may continue to be in the live node list until they time out (10
mins or so usually, configurable). Cause from the JobTracker perspective, new TaskTrackers
are new instances, not replacements. Older instances are cleaned away after they time out.