From Gayatri Rao <rgayat...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding using pig version >0.7 with cygwin
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:02:00 GMT
Hi All,

I have been trying to use pig versions >0.7 with windows+cygwin set up.
Somehow when I try to run a pig script, it gives me an error saying its not
able to copy the
script to some temporary location.  The error is as follows:

Cannot copy myScript.pig to c:/cgywin/tmp/pig-1234956677

However, when i try this with pig 0.7, it works perfectly fine.

I saw a jira issue related to this  (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1901) but it doesnt look like
there is any resolution. Are there any know work arounds for this problem?

Thanks
Gayatri