From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Input path does not exist error
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:46:23 GMT
Hey Thamizh,

For some reason, your FS is being detected as a local FS instead of
HDFS. Hence, your program fails to find "/data/wordcount" on the local
filesystem.

It could be cause your configuration directory is not on the classpath
of the program that executes this driver code, or you haven't
configured your FS right (for 'fs.default.name').

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Thamizh <tcegrid@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am invoking a WordCount map/reduce job from a Java class. It ended with below error,
Though, I have input file on /data/wordcount.
> What could be the reason for this error?
>
> Hadoop version: 0.20.1
> 2011-10-18 16:24:00,478 ERROR [thread1] workflow.WorkerPool$Worker(121): Error while
executing the job
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException: Input path does not exist:
file:/data/wordcount

--
Harsh J