From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Building and adding new Datanode
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 04:28:56 GMT
Hey Alexander,

Just install the DataNode packages on the machine and configure it
(copy over a config from existing DN perhaps, but make sure to check
the dfs.data.dir properties before you start), and start it up.

It will join the cluster as long as the configuration points to the
right fs.default.name address. Same for TaskTracker as long as it has
the right mapred.job.tracker address.

If you are using SCM, and this question is along the lines of using
SCM to do such a thing, please direct your question to
scm-user@cloudera.org
(https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/scm-user)

--
Harsh J