From Raimon Bosch <raimon.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject How to solve a DisallowedDatanodeException?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:47:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm running a cluster on amazon and sometimes I'm getting this exception:

2011-10-07 10:36:28,014 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DisallowedDatanodeException: Datanode
denied communication with namenode:
ip-10-235-57-112.eu-west-1.compute.internal:50010
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.registerDatanode(FSNamesystem.java:2042)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.register(NameNode.java:687)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:959)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:955)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:953)

        at $Proxy4.register(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.register(DataNode.java:531)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.runDatanodeDaemon(DataNode.java:1208)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1247)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1368)

Since I have this exception I'm not able to run any datanode. I have checked
all the connections between the nodes and they are ok, I have tried also to
format the namenode but the problem is still remaining.

Shall I need to remove the information about the datanode? rm -rf
${HOME}/dfs-xvdh/dn

I would prefer a solution that doesn't implies a format or erasing
anything...

Regards,
Raimon Bosch.