From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I diagnose IO bounded errors using the framework counters?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:22:06 GMT
Here's an even more basic question. I tried to figure out what
the FILE_BYTES_READ means by searching every file in the hadoop 0.20.203.0
installation for the string FILE_BYTES_READ installation by running

      find . -type f | xargs grep FILE_BYTES_READ

I only found this string in source files in vaidya contributor directory and
the tools/rumen directories. Nothing in the main source base.

Where in the source code are these counters created and updated?