From edward choi <mp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Hbase automatically restore data when regionservers fail?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:34:39 GMT
Hi,

I am using CDH3U0 Hadoop and Hbase.

I know that HDFS automatically replicates data to multiple data nodes so
that when a couple of data nodes fail, the user won't lose any data.
I am currently using replication factor of 3.

Now in Hbase, I know there is some experimental replication service, but I
am not using it. I thought that since HDFS already does replication, Hbase
wouldn't need additional replication.
Am I right on this?

So my question would be:
Given that I am using HDFS replication and not using Hbase replication, if a
couple of regionservers fail, am I still able to access all the data I have
stored before?

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Ed