From patrick sang <silvianhad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop node disk failure - reinstall question
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:45:34 GMT
This is what i would think:

> Are there any known issues with using the same hostname / IP again, or is
it better to give it a new IP / host name ?
as far as i understand, it is actually good to keep the same hostname/ip
because the TTL in both dns or client library would bite you.

> The second disk on the machine is still operational and contains HDFS data
so I plan on mounting it.
I think it should be fine because by the time that you start the datanode,
it will report to namenode what blocks it has.