From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject namenode / mr jobs work... but external connection fails (video link)
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 02:36:13 GMT
Hi guys :

Well, I finally got my hadoop working just fine by using a different  VM.

This is a little crazy but .... I decided to make it easier to see my
scenario so I put a little 4min video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxoLgDmXeb4

The resolution is bad, but you can see that

1) (at the end) a map reduce job runs fine on the node itself using
examples-jar
and that
2) (beggining) ports, such as 50070 are generally open --- but my java code
(running on host machine in eclipse), fails to connect over the vm.

Any thoughts ?

** Note : The hadoop versions may not match up exactly --- would that result
in a connection error ?  I assume not, since the hdfs:// protocol is not
anything new.

I assume that the hdfs protocol shouldnt need any additional security.