From Jignesh Patel <jign...@websoft.com>
Subject Re: hdfs directory location
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:02:53 GMT
Bejoy,

copyToLocal makes sense, it worked. But I am still wondering if HDFS has a directory created
on local box, somewhere it exist physically but couldn't able to locate it.

Is HDFS directory structure is a virtual structure, doesn't exist physically?

-Jignesh
On Oct 10, 2011, at 3:53 PM, bejoy.hadoop@gmail.com wrote:

> Jignesh
>        Sorry I didn't get your query, 'how I can link it with HDFS
> directory structure?
> '
>
> You mean putting your unix dir contents into hdfs? If so use hadoop fs -copyFromLocal
src destn

file system but it hdfs. Issue a command like