From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Default Compression
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:49:05 GMT
I recently added the following to my core-site.xml

<property>
<name>io.compression.codecs</name>
<value>
  org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.DefaultCodec,
org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec,
org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.BZip2Codec
</value>
</property>

However when I try and test a simple MR job I am seeing the following
errors in my log.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Compression codec
       org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.DefaultCodec not found.
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CompressionCodecFactory.getCodecClasses(CompressionCodecFactory.java:116)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CompressionCodecFactory.<init>(CompressionCodecFactory.java:156)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.TextInputFormat.isSplitable(TextInputFormat.java:51)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:254)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.writeNewSplits(JobClient.java:944)

Aren't these codecs installed by default? If not, how would I enable them?

Thanks