From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LZO Compression
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 02:29:34 GMT
Email was sent a bit prematurely.

Anyway. How can one test that LZO compression is configured correctly?
I've found multiple sources on how to compile the hadoop-lzo jars and
native files but no where did I see a definitive way to test that the
installation/configuration is correct.

Also, when is this compression enabled? Is it enabled on every file I
write? Do I somehow have to specify that I want to use this format? For
example we have a rather large directory of server logs ...
/user/mark/logs. How can we enable compression on this directory?

Thanks for your help