From Aditya Singh30 <Aditya_Sing...@infosys.com>
Subject Hadoop : Linux-Window interface
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:13:10 GMT
Hi,

We want to use Hadoop and Hive to store and analyze some Web Servers' Log files. The servers
are running on windows platform. As mentioned about Hadoop, it is only supported for development
on windows. I wanted to know is there a way that we can run the Hadoop server(namenode server)
and cluster nodes on  Linux, and have an interface using which we can send files and run analysis
queries from the WebServer's windows environment.
I would really appreciate if you could point me to a right direction.

Regards,
Aditya Singh
Infosys. India

Infosys e-mail system.