From Sofia Georgiakaki <geosofie_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: regarding the ioexception in java
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 06:19:10 GMT
Good morning!
Check again the name and path of your jar file. I guess you don't spell it correct when you
write the command so hadoop cannot find it, as indicated by this message:

    Error opening job jar: hadoop-examples-0.20.203.0.jar

Good luck
Sofia

________________________________
From: vaibhav28 <vaibhavkorat@in.com>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:04 AM
Subject: regarding the ioexception in java

hello, i m vaibhav..i m a student and i m new to the hadoop.plz any one can
help me out.i get the following error when i try to run the wordcount
examples.i follow the steps on site
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/............plz
help me out.......

hduser@vaibhav-Studio-1558:/usr/local/hadoop$ bin/hadoop jar
hadoop-examples-0.20.203.0.jar wordcount /home/hduser/gutenberg
/home/hduser/gutenberg-output
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
hadoop-examples-0.20.203.0.jar
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:127)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:135)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:72)