From Daniel Yehdego <dtyehd...@miners.utep.edu>
Subject Hadoop reducer according an inout
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 06:20:39 GMT

Hi,
I am using Hadoop streaming to distribute some biological data strings. My mapper is some
executable binary program to determine the structure of a certain input. I am also using some
reducer script to glue the output strings from the mapper so that I have a one long string.
But I have a problem that the order of the output string is not same as the input from the
mapper. Is there a way that I can use Hadoop so that the output is in the same order as the
input.
Assume we have an output from the mapperMAP1<RNA-1><STRUCTURE-1>MAP2<RNA-2><STRUCTURE-2>MAP3<RNA-3><STRUCTURE-3>and
what I am looking is to reduce in the following manner: <RNA-1><RNA-2><RNA-3>\t<STRUCTURE-1><STRUCTURE-2><STRUCTURE-3>\n
your input highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.Regards,

Daniel T. Yehdego
Computational Science Program
University of Texas at El Paso, UTEP
dtyehdego@miners.utep.edu