From Daniel Yehdego <dtyehd...@miners.utep.edu>
Subject RE: Reducer to concatenate string values
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:38:11 GMT

Hi Ayon,
any idea on my previous question?

Regards,

Daniel T. Yehdego
Computational Science Program
University of Texas at El Paso, UTEP
dtyehdego@miners.utep.edu

> From: dtyehdego@miners.utep.edu
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Reducer to concatenate string values
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 06:06:22 +0000
>

> Hi Ayon,
> I am using a C executable as my mapper (streaming), but I am not sure how to use a reducer
that concatenates the values from a mapper in order.

> Regards,
>
> Daniel T. Yehdego
> Computational Science Program
> University of Texas at El Paso, UTEP
> dtyehdego@miners.utep.edu
>
> > Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:54:46 -0700
> > From: ayonsinha@yahoo.com
> > Subject: Re: Reducer to concatenate string values
> > To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
> >
> > What are you using for your map/reduce? Streaming/Java/Pig/Hive?
> >
> > -Ayon
> > See My Photos on Flickr
> > Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.

outputs using a Reducer (one reducer).But the order of the concatenated string values is not
in order. How can I use a reducer that receives a value from a mapper output and concatenate
the strings in order. waiting your response and thanks in advance.