From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject Question regarding Oozie and Hive replication / backup
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:23:04 GMT
I would like to have a robust setup for anything residing on our edge nodes, which is where
these two daemons will be, and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions around how to replicate
/ keep an active clone of the metadata for these components. We already use DRBD and a vip
to get around this issue for our master nodes and I know this would work for the edge nodes
but I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking any options.

Hive: Currently tinkering with the built-in db but evaluating whether to go with a dedicated
MySQL or PostgreSQL instance so suggestions can reference either solution.

Thanks,
Matt
to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such
code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations
of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations
issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you
are obligated to comply with all