From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: risks of using Hadoop
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:05:43 GMT

Risks?

Well if you come to Hadoop World in Nov, we actually have a presentation that might help reduce
some of your initial risks.

There are always risks when starting a new project. Regardless of the underlying technology,
you have costs associated with failure and unless you can level set expectations you'll increase
your odds of failure.

Best advice... don't listen to sales critters or marketing folks. ;-) [Right Tom?]
They have an agenda.
 ;-)