From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Can we run job on some datanodes ?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:09:15 GMT
Praveenesh,

TaskTrackers run your jobs' tasks for you, not DataNodes directly. So
you can statically control loads on nodes by removing away
TaskTrackers from your cluster.

i.e, if you "service hadoop-0.20-tasktracker stop" or
"hadoop-daemon.sh stop tasktracker" on the specific nodes, jobs won't
run there anymore.

Is this what you're looking for?

(There are ways to achieve the exclusion dynamically, by writing a
scheduler, but hard to tell without knowing what you need
specifically, and why do you require it?)

--
Harsh J