From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Where is org.apache.hadoop.streaming.io.IdentifierResolver defined?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:19:54 GMT
Hello again W.P. McNeill,

I'm highly unsure on what form of "Apache Hadoop 0.20.2" version you
were running before but looks like you are running into
downgraded-like issues by moving onto Apache Hadoop 0.20.203 seeing
your recent mails.

IdentifierResolver was part of the major streaming improvement made at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1722 by Klaas, which
again, has never gone into 0.20 - but it is in 0.21. Klaas had given
patches for branches as old as 0.18, though. I believe this JIRA is
one of the requirements to use Dumbo, the python framework @
http://last.fm/dumbo

You'll need to patch things to have it back.

--
Harsh J