From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Is StringUtils.getTrimmedStringCollection gone?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:06:28 GMT
I believe you've run into some odd versioning issues. I took a look at
Apache Hadoop 0.20.2 release and I can't see this method.

It originated from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2366
contributed by Michele, which was put into the higher 0.21 version.
0.20.203 is not something that'd be considered entirely 0.21+ yet IMO.
204 and 205 have more backports in them, but this particular fix
hasn't gone in yet.

You can perhaps request a backport of this ticket for the next
branch-0.20-security release (205/206) if you'd like to see it in
that. It might need some patch changes though, and it'd improve your
chances if you can post a backport too. Alternatively, you can look at
that patch, and implement a custom simple utility if that's the only
part of the larger fix you need.

P.s. These methods were also improved recently in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7300 by Todd.

--
Harsh J