From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Is SAN storage is a good option for Hadoop ?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 06:50:53 GMT
Hi,

I want to know can we use SAN storage for Hadoop cluster setup ?
If yes, what should be the best pratices ?

Is it a good way to do considering the fact "the underlining power of Hadoop
is co-locating the processing power (CPU) with the data storage and thus it
must be local storage to be effective".
*But also, is it better to say “local is better” in the situation where I
have a single local 5400 RPM IDE drive, which  would be dramatically slower
than SAN storage striped  across many drives spinning at 10k RPM and
accessed via fiber channel ?*
*
*
Thanks,