From Nitin Khandelwal <nitin.khandel...@germinait.com>
Subject Problem in Getting Job Status
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:01:08 GMT
Hi All,

We are migrating from Hadoop 0.19.2 to Hadoop 0.20.203. The normal flow (
job posting / running ) works fine.  In one of the flow, we are required to
check Task Reports for a running Job to fetch its state.

In the older code (0.19.2)  we had following piece of code which does the
required tasks

runningJob is an instance of Job

TaskReport[] reports = jobClient.getMapTaskReports(
runningJob.getID());

Wanted to know how it will change in the newer version. I tried with

TaskReport[] reports = jobClient.getMapTaskReports((JobID)
runningJob.getJobID());

This did not work as there is no JobID is set in Job instance.

Requesting your assistance in this.

Let me know if any other details are required.

Thanks.
--

Nitin Khandelwal