From George Kousiouris <gkous...@mail.ntua.gr>
Subject Re: risks of using Hadoop
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 06:58:53 GMT

Hi,

When you say that 0.20.205 will support appends, you mean for general
purpose writes on the HDFS? or only Hbase?

Thanks,
George

On 9/17/2011 7:08 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 wrote:
> 6. If you plan to use Hbase, it requires append support. 20Append has the support for
append. 0.20.205 release also will have append support but not yet released. Choose your correct
version to avoid sudden surprises.

--

---------------------------

George Kousiouris
Electrical and Computer Engineer
Division of Communications,
Electronics and Information Engineering
Tel: +30 210 772 2546
Mobile: +30 6939354121
Fax: +30 210 772 2569
Email: gkousiou@mail.ntua.gr
Site: http://users.ntua.gr/gkousiou/

National Technical University of Athens
9 Heroon Polytechniou str., 157 73 Zografou, Athens, Greece