From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Re: Timer jobs
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:14:13 GMT
Well I am not sure I get you right, but anyway, basically I want a timer
framework that triggers my jobs. And the triggering of the jobs need to
work even though one or two particular machines goes down. So the "timer
triggering mechanism" has to live in the cluster, so to speak. What I
dont want is that the timer framework are driven from one particular
machine, so that the triggering of jobs will not happen if this
particular machine goes down. Basically if I have e.g. 10 machines in a
Hadoop cluster I will be able to run e.g. MapReduce jobs even if 3 of
the 10 machines are down. I want my timer framework to also be
clustered, distributed and coordinated, so that I will also have my
timer jobs triggered even though 3 out of 10 machines are down.

Regards, Per Steffensen