From Devaraj K <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Making Mumak work with capacity scheduler
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:03:51 GMT
Hi Arun,

    I have gone through the logs. Mumak simulator is trying to start the job
tracker and job tracking is failing to start because it is not able to
create "/jobtracker/jobsinfo" directory.

I think the directory doesn't have enough permissions. Please check the
permissions or any other reason why it is failing to create the dir.

Devaraj K

-----Original Message-----
From: arun k [mailto:arunk786@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:57 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Making Mumak work with capacity scheduler

Hi Uma !

u got me right !
>Actually without any patch when i modified appropriate mapred-site.xml and
capacity-scheduler.xml and copied capaciy jar accordingly.
I am able to see see queues in Jobracker GUI but both the queues show same
set of job's execution.
I ran with trace and topology files from test/data :
$bin/mumak.sh trace_file topology_file
Is it because i am not submitting jobs to a particular queue ?
If so how can i do it ?

>Got hadoop-0.22 from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.22/
  builded all three components but when i give
arun@arun-Presario-C500-RU914PA-ACJ:~/hadoop22/branch-0.22/mapreduce/src/con
trib/mumak$
bin/mumak.sh src/test/data/19-jobs.trace.json.gz
src/test/data/19-jobs.topology.json.gz
it gets stuck at some point. Log is here <http://pastebin.com/9SNUHLFy>

Thanks,
Arun

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <
maheswara@huawei.com> wrote:

> Hello Arun,
>  If you want to apply MAPREDUCE-1253 on 21 version,
>  applying patch directly using commands may not work because of codebase
> changes.
>
>  So, you take the patch and apply the lines in your code base manually. I
> am not sure any otherway for this.
>
> Did i understand wrongly your intention?
>
> Regards,
> Uma

e_by_code&node=3354615&code=YXJ1bms3ODZAZ21haWwuY29tfDMzNTQ2MTV8NzA5NTc4MTY3