From bejoy.had...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Maintaining map reduce job logs - The best practices
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:35:55 GMT
Great!.. Thanks Raj and Mathias
Just a clarification query on top of my question.
I wanna log some information of my processing/data logged into my log files.
I'm planning to log it by LOG.debug() , if I do so in my mapper or reducer it'd be availabe
under HADOOP_HOME/logs/history dir, right?
Second question, ie once a job is executed, does the logs from all tasks trackers get dumbed
to HADOOP_HOME/logs/history dir in name node/job tracker?
Third question is how do I enable DEBUG mode of logger? Or is it enabled in default. If not
what is the logger mode enabled default in hadoop?

Thanks a lot folks.

Regards
Bejoy K S

-----Original Message-----
From: Raj Vishwanathan <rajvish@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:10:41
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org<common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Cc: common-user@hadoop.apache.org<common-user@hadoop.apache.org>; mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org<mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Maintaining map reduce job logs - The best practices

Bejoy

You can find the job specific logs in two places. The first one is in the hdfs ouput directory.
The second place is under $HADOOP_HOME/logs/history ($HADOOP_HOME/logs/history/done)

Both these paces have the config file and the job logs for each submited job.

Sent from my iPad
Please excuse the typos.