From Raj V <rajv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running multiple MR Job's in sequence
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 00:32:06 GMT
Can't this be done with a simple shell script?

Raj

finishes, take the output of that if successful and feed it into the next, etc), or does it
need to run client side by using the JobControl or something like Oozie, or rolling our own?
What I'm looking for is a fire & forget, and occasionally check back to see if it's done.
So client-side doesn't need to really know anything or keep track of anything. Does something
like that exist within the Hadoop framework?