From Ayon Sinha <ayonsi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reducer to concatenate string values
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 05:54:46 GMT
What are you using for your map/reduce? Streaming/Java/Pig/Hive?

-Ayon
See My Photos on Flickr
Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.

________________________________
From: Daniel Yehdego <dtyehdego@miners.utep.edu>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 10:43 PM
Subject: Reducer to concatenate string values

Good evening,
I have a certain value output from a mapper and I want to concatenate the string outputs using
a Reducer (one reducer).But the order of the concatenated string values is not in order. How
can I use a reducer that receives a value from a mapper output and concatenate the strings
in order. waiting your response and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel T. Yehdego
Computational Science Program
University of Texas at El Paso, UTEP