From "Peng, Wei" <Wei.P...@xerox.com>
Subject RE: java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 04:13:37 GMT
I modified edits so that hadoop namenode is restarted, however, I could
not start my datanode. The datanode log shows

2011-09-20 21:07:10,068 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException:
Mkdirs failed to create /state/partition2/hadoop/dfs/tmp
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.FSDataset$FSVolume.<init>(FSDatas
et.java:394)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.FSDataset.<init>(FSDataset.java:8
94)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.j
ava:318)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:232
)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.ja
va:1363)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(Data
Node.java:1318)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.
java:1326)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1448)
Wei