From "Ralf Heyde" <ralf.he...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: Is it possible to access the HDFS via Java OUTSIDE the Cluster?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:28:07 GMT
Yeah it works. ...
I just copied the core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml ... This setup does not
work.
After copying the whole hadoop-installation-folder from the master-node ...
it works.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 [mailto:maheswara@huawei.com]
Sent: Montag, 5. September 2011 17:04
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to access the HDFS via Java OUTSIDE the Cluster?

Hi,

 It is very much possible. Infact that is the main use case for Hadoop :-)

 You need to put the hadoop-hdfs*.jar hdoop-common*.jar's in your class path
from where you want to run the client program.

At client node side use the below sample code

 Configuration conf=new Configuration(); //you can set the required
configurations here
 FileSystem fs =new DistributedFileSystem();
 fs.initialize(new URI(<Name_Node_URL>), conf);

 fs.copyToLocal(srcPath, destPath)
 fs.copyFromLocal(srcPath,destPath)
 .....etc
 There are many API exposed in FileSystem.java class. So, you can make use
of them.

Regards,
Uma