From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: TotalOrderPartitioner with new api - help
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 13:09:39 GMT
Sofia,

I'd recommend using the old (actually, stable) API for development
right now, when using 0.20.2. Do not be confused by the deprecation
marks since it has been un-deprecated for later releases. Using the
stable API should rid you of the trouble of patching the whole thing
up.

I.e., use JobConf+JobClient+'mapred'-package to build and run jobs
instead of the 'Job' class and 'mapreduce' package.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Sofia Georgiakaki
<geosofie_tuc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Good evening,
>

> I would like to ask you a question regarding the use of TotalOrderPartitioner.
> I am working on my diploma thesis, and I need to use the
> TotalOrderPartitioner (with the InputSampler of course), under Hadoop
> 0.20.2
>
> In
> order to use it, I need to apply the patch
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-366), but
> it fails for some reason.
>
> If I am correct, the patch modifies the TotalOrderPartitioner & InputSampler classes
in  the org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib package, in order to deprecate them and then it specifies
2 new classes to be used: TotalOrderPartitioner & InputSampler in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.partitioner,
using the new API.

> I would like to ask, if someone has successfully applied the patch. Could he send me
the new classes
> (TotalOrderPartitioner and InputSampler) from their hadoop installation, after the patch
is applied? (it affects the 2 classes
> both in org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib and
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.partitioner packages). Or at least you
> could suggest another solution?
>

> I hope this will not consume your time. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I
> need these two classes in order to finish my diploma thesis, and I don't know from who
I should ask for help.

--
Harsh J