From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I add Hadoop dependency to a Maven project?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:54:21 GMT
The versioning issue was a red herring. My problem turned out to the the
fact that I had a <type>POM</type> in my Hadoop dependencies section, which
was causing the JAR files not to be downloaded. I now have this project
building.

Other people trying to set up a simple Hadoop project in Maven can use Word
Count Test Adapter <https://github.com/wpm/WordCountTestAdapter> as an
example.

Thanks everybody for your help.