From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I add Hadoop dependency to a Maven project?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:52:41 GMT
I'm trying to build a simple Hadoop word count application. I have the
following pom.xml file:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="

When I run "mvn install" I see the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project WordCountTestAdapter: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
wpmcn:WordCountTestAdapter:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
org.apache.hadoop:hadoop:POM:0.22.0 in central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

I've tried various different things in the hadoop entry to no avail.

This is a vanilla Maven 3 install which works fine for building simple
non-Hadoop Hello World applications, and I'm a Maven newbie so I may be
missing something obvious. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or
direct me to a pom.xml that builds a simple Hadoop application?