From Joe Stein <charmal...@allthingshadoop.com>
Subject Slow generation of blockReport at DataNode
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 21:23:33 GMT
Does anyone have some workarounds I can try for "Slow generation of
blockReport at DataNode causes delay of sending heartbeat to NameNode"?  I
see it is closed JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4584 in
0.21 release but looking to-do something now that will solve this without
having to upgrade.

Any folks have this that have worked around it or anyone have any ideas it
would be greatly appreciated.

I have already tried cronning  find ./ to my hdfs directories but no go.

Thanks in advance.

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc