From "Owen O'Malley" <o...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Is it ok to manually delta ~hadoop/mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/*
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 15:45:11 GMT
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Robert J Berger <rberger@runa.com> wrote:

> Looks like I have something not configured particularly well so that
> mapred/local/taskTracker/archive is a local filesystem and its filling
> things up.

Configure the size of the distributed cache on each node using
local.cache.size, which defaults to 10gb.

> Is it ok to delete mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/* at the Unix level? Or
> is there some other way to force that to be deleted.

If you restart the task tracker, I believe it will delete it. You shouldn't
delete it behind the scenes, because you'll cause failures for any running
tasks and confuse the task tracker with what it has stored.

> I can't really restart my hadoop cluster just to fix this right n ow. I'm
> running hadoop 0.20.1.

I'd highly recommend you upgrade to 0.20.203.0.

-- Owen