From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Version Mismatch
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:21:51 GMT
It means your HDFS client jars are using a different RPC version than
your namenode and datanodes. Are you sure that XXX has $HADOOP_HOME in
it's classpath? It really looks like it's pointing to the wrong jars.

-Joey

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Ratner, Alan S (IS)
<Alan.Ratner@ngc.com> wrote:
> We have a version mismatch problem which may be Hadoop related but may be due to a third
party product we are using that requires us to run Zookeeper and Hadoop.  This product is
rumored to soon be an Apache incubator project.  As I am not sure what I can reveal about
this third party program prior to its release to Apache I will refer to it as XXX.

> We are running Hadoop 0.20.203.0.  We have no problems running Hadoop at all.  It runs
our Hadoop programs and our Hadoop fs commands without any version mismatch complaints.  Localhost:50030
and 50070 both report we are running 0.20.203.0, r1099333.

> But when we try to initialize XXX we get "org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$VersionMismatch:
Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol version mismatch. (client = 60, server
= 61)
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$VersionMismatch: Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol
version mismatch. (client = 60, server = 61)".  The developers of XXX tell me that this error
is coming from HDFS and is unrelated to their program.  (XXX does not include any Hadoop
or Zookeeper jar files - as HBase does - but simply grabs these from HADOOP_HOME which points
to our 0.20.203.0 installation and ZOOKEEPER_HOME.)

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.