From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop JVM Size (Not MapReduce)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:48:51 GMT
The hadoop command is just a shell script that sets up the class path before call java.  I
think if you set the ENV HADOOP_JAVA_OPTS then they will show up on the command line, but
you can look at the top of the hadoop shell script to be sure.  It has all the env vars it
supports listed there at the top.

--Bobby Evans