From Adam Shook <ash...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Hadoop JVM Size (Not MapReduce)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:34:44 GMT
Hello all,

I have a Hadoop related application that is integrated with HDFS and is started via the command
line with "hadoop jar ..."  The amount of data used by the application changes from use case
to use case, and I have to adjust the JVM that is started using the "hadoop jar" command.
 Typically, you just set the -Xmx and -Xms variables from the "java -jar" command, but this
doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know how I can set it?  Note that this is unrelated to the JVM size for map and
reduce tasks - there is no MapReduce involved in my application.

Thanks in advance!

--Adam

PS - I imagine I can code my application to be hooked into HDFS or read from the Hadoop configuration
files by hand - but I would prefer Hadoop to do all the work for me!