From Bharath Mundlapudi <bharathw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about RAID controllers and hadoop
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:59:36 GMT
True, you need a P410 controller. You can create RAID0 for each disk to make it as JBOD.

-Bharath

________________________________
From: Koert Kuipers <koert@tresata.com>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:50 PM
Subject: Question about RAID controllers and hadoop

Hello all,
We are considering using low end HP proliant machines (DL160s and DL180s)
for cluster nodes. However with these machines if you want to do more than 4
hard drives then HP puts in a P410 raid controller. We would configure the
RAID controller to function as JBOD, by simply creating multiple RAID
volumes with one disk. Does anyone have experience with this setup? Is it a
good idea, or am i introducing a i/o bottleneck?
Thanks for your help!
Best, Koert